How to Register Individual and Activate UAN Number?
A UAN number is essential if you want to join an employee provident fund. Although the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) allows employers to create their employees’ Universal Account Number (commonly referred to as UAN) through their portal, individual users can also create their own UAN online.
Now let’s see how to generate a UAN number for individual through online. Before starting the process of generating a UAN number online, you should have your Aadhaar number ready.
UAN individual generation
- Visit Government of India EPFO Homepage
- Sign in to Establishment using establishment ID and password
- Click on “Register Individual” tab in the “Member” section
- Enter the employee’s details such as PAN, Aadhaar, bank details, etc.
- Approve all details in the “Approval” section.
How to prepare a 12 digit UAN number?
Once you have prepared your 12 digit UAN number you can start using your Employees Provident Fund (EPF) account. It allows you to view your pass book and check the total amount in your EPF account.
Activate your UAN
Keep your mobile phone nearby as you will be sent a one-time password (OTP) SMS to successfully complete this process.
- Visit the Member e-Service on the EPFO Portal.
- Now, click on the Aadhaar option and then enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter your name, date of birth, mobile number and captcha code.
- Press the Get Authorization Pin button.
- You will now get a new screen, make sure the details shown on it are correct.
- Click the Agree checkbox.
- Now, enter the OTP you receive on your mobile.
Log in to the EPFO Portal
Click Validate OTP and activate the UAN. When done, you will receive your UAN number and password on your registered mobile number. You can verify that your account is functioning by logging into the EPFO portal once the details given.